The Custodial Trust has had the pleasure and privilege of collaborating with stakeholders from the East Helena community on a host of initiatives and projects to preserve East Helena’s rich history. Examples of the Custodial Trust’s commitment to East Helena, its residents, and community well-being include:
- Supporting community traditions and hosting annual events such as the East Helena Independence Day fireworks display, the East Helena Rodeo, East Helena Public Schools Fun Run, and the East Helena Barrel Races
- Allowing the East Helena Volunteer Fire Department to use former ASARCO housing structures for live firefighter training programs
- Donating land to the City of East Helena and Lewis and Clark County for expanding public roads, utilities, and siting a new Search & Rescue facility
- Holding or participating in more than 60 public events—town, city, and county meetings, stakeholder presentations, and workshops to review investigations and cleanup plans and provide opportunities for community input on future development opportunities
- Working closely with EPA and East Helena on a host of other public involvement and community improvement programs, such as historic preservation initiatives; creation of parks and wildlife habitat areas; expansion of businesses to preserve and grow employment centers; and efforts to expand public school facilities to serve the community.